2144 Weavertown Road Douglassville, PA 19518 MAP »
Phone: (610) 919-0140 Fax: (610) 919-0143
River Rock Academy Amity Campus offers alternative education services to eligible students grades 6-12 and secondary special education services to eligible students grades 7-12 from Berks County School Districts.
For the Alternative Education for Disruptive Youth program, regular and special education students must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Disregard for school authority, including persistent violation of school policy and rules
- Display of or use of controlled substances on school property or during school-affiliated activities
- Violent or threatening behavior on school property or during school-related activities
- Possession of a weapon on school property, as defined by Pennsylvania Crimes Code (18 Pa.C.S.A. Section 912-relating to possession of weapon on school property)
- Commission of a criminal act on school property
- Misconduct that would merit suspension or expulsion under school policy
- Habitual truancy (all procedures, including the implementation of a Truancy Elimination Plan must have been implemented and followed prior to placing habitually truant students in AEDY programs)
For students requiring special education services, Federal Regulations and Pennsylvania State Codes must be followed.
For the Private License Academic Secondary Special Education program, students must require additional behavioral support services and have one of the following disability categories:
- Socially and Emotionally Disturbed
- Learning Disability
- Mental Retardation