399 Roxbury Road Newville, PA 17241 MAP »
Phone: (717) 776-3759 fax: (717) 776-5467
River Rock Academy Newville Campus offers alternative education services to eligible students grades 6-12 and elementary services to eligible students grades 3,4,5 from Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin and Perry County School Districts.
For the Alternative Education for Disruptive Youth program, regular education and special education students must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Disregard for school authority, including persistent violation of school policy and rules
- Display of or use of controlled substances on school property or during school-affiliated activities
- Violent or threatening behavior on school property or during school-related activities
- Possession of a weapon on school property, as defined by Pennsylvania Crimes Code (18 Pa.C.S.A. Section 912-relating to possession of weapon on school property)
- Commission of a criminal act on school property
- Misconduct that would merit suspension or expulsion under school policy
- Habitual truancy (all procedures, including the implementation of a Truancy Elimination Plan must have been implemented and followed prior to placing habitually truant students in AEDY programs)
For students requiring special education services, Federal Regulations and Pennsylvania State Codes must be followed.
For the Private License Academic Elementary program, services are for regular education and special education students who require additional behavioral support services. Special education students must have one of the following disability categories:
- Socially and Emotionally Disturbed
- Learning Disability
- Mental Retardation